- The new BeSOC in Panama will stand out from others in the region due to some impressive resource optimisation and its autonomous threat response capabilities, thereby guaranteeing swifter cyberattack mitigation.
- Besides the one in Panama City, BeDisruptive already has two federated BeSOCs in Rome (one specialised in SASE architecture) and another one in Madrid. The company plans to open two new SOCs soon, in Milan and Washington D.C.
Panama City, 19 June 2023. The future prosperity of Latin America and the Caribbean rests on digital foundations. The challenge lies in building a prosperous digital society that can withstand cybernetic attacks and that is equipped with the knowledge and skills needed to maximise opportunities and manage risks in a timely fashion. With that in mind, Numu-BeDisruptive, the boutique technology company specialising in cybersecurity, is setting up operations in Panama as a firm commitment to the country and to realise a specific vision: to create a “One-Stop-Shop” for Panama, Latin America and the Caribbean region so that local institutions, corporations and civil society organisations can engage in a fluid transition over to a digital economy while minimising information security risks based on support from a team of professionals trained by the best ICT experts for development, the digital transformation and, above all, cybersecurity.
Latin American and Caribbean countries are investing heavily in digital infrastructure as part of their ambitious development strategy. This is creating new opportunities for economic growth and enabling countries to boost productivity and offer better services. Nonetheless, this is also increasing cybernetic risks and threats to those digital infrastructures, services and data, which depend on increasingly interconnected systems. Such sectors as energy, transport, finance, healthcare and others are highly vulnerable nowadays to cybersecurity attacks and the consequences of those attacks are potentially severe.
“Cybercrime is one of the greatest threats to the region’s development. With our arrival in Panama, we want to help organisations in Latin America and the Caribbean to build the necessary protections that will guarantee cybersecurity by offering a premium quality service with a close eye on the details. That’s why it’s no coincidence that the new Latin American Digital Hub is operating out of Panama”, said Javier Marín, Numu-BeDisruptive Partner for Latin America and the Caribbean during an event to celebrate the start of installation work.
Panama City BeSOC
Numu-BeDisruptive has launched the process to open a new BeSOC (BeDisruptive Cybersecurity Operations Centre) in Panama City, which will help to build a more secure region alongside a team of professionals with accredited experience in cybersecurity, the bedrock for guaranteeing economic and social development in the region.
The SOCs owned by BeDisruptive mainly seek to stand as the first barrier between cybercrime and computer systems. At its federated BeSOCs, BeDisruptive offers ongoing research, detection and response services against cybernetic threats, offensive security and threat intelligence services, advanced detection analysis and 24/7 customer support. The professionals working at these centres monitor and respond to companies quickly and effectively in order to offer them security for all their assets, including detection and response services for both IT and OT environments, based on the most cutting-edge technologies in the market and offering value-added services.
The new BeSOC in Panama will stand out in the region due to some impressive resource optimisation and its autonomous threat response capabilities, thereby guaranteeing a faster response to cyberattacks. It will also include a cybersecurity academy to promote training for new talent and the integration of groups at risk of exclusion. It will be located on the 46th floor of the BICSA Financial Centre building in Panama City and will have the following objectives:
- To provide practical and technical analysis to low- and medium-income countries on the threats, risks and opportunities presented by emerging technology.
- To detect, analyse and remedy cybersecurity incidents using technological solutions that can help to identify malicious activity.
- To offer training to data security specialists, thereby strengthening the cybersecurity sector in Latin America and the Caribbean based on a firm commitment to talent.
- To foster integration in the cybersecurity sector for groups at risk of exclusion in the region via specific support programmes.
- To boost awareness in these countries about the risks, identify their cybernetic security needs, offer technical solutions and prepare for the necessary infrastructure investments through relationships of trust.
Besides this new BeSOC in Panama City, BeDisruptive already has two federated BeSOCs in the city of Rome (one specialised in security based on SASE architecture) and another one in Madrid. The company also plans to open two more new BeSOCs over the coming months, one in Milan and another in Washington D.C.
BeDisruptive is a boutique technology company that specialises in cybersecurity and helps its clients design solutions and maintain a secure environment. The company has operations in Panama City, Rome and Madrid, and is planning to open in Milan and Washington D.C. soon. BeDisruptive helps to protect its clients’ assets and information, effectively limiting threats and ensuring cybersecurity so they can move ahead with their digital transition towards an unlimited future. The company specialises in such sectors as banking, healthcare, energy and public administration services, offering a team of professionals with more than ten years of experience in cybersecurity and adopting a disruptive approach to provide the most advanced cybersecurity services while adapting cutting-edge solutions and handling every step in the process with a close eye on the details. More information can be found on its website, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
Panama City press contact:
José Jaime Muñoz | [email protected] | + 507 6747-2318